Chocolate Mousse



To say I love chocolate mousse would be an understatement. But I have a secret to tell you....I have never made it myself before!! I always buy a packet version!
But having a child that is allergic to preservatives I'm determined to make everything....EVERYTHING, from scratch! So that includes sweet treats!

This recipe is one I tweaked, and I loooove it! So I thought that I would share it with you!

Ingredients:

2 egg whites
300 mls cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons cocoa

Method:

Beat egg whites with half the sugar till light and fluffy. Set aside.

Clean bowl.

Whip cream with the remaining sugar, vanilla essence and cocoa.

Fold cream mixture together with the beaten egg whites. Put into bowls or glasses to serve and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

You could also add some whipped cream or jelly or grated dark chocolate to serve.

Note: This serves 2. But multiply the quantity for more!

Enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts