Handmade Lip Balm

I have been wanting to do this for ages! And finally got around to it, and I'm so glad I did. It took 5 minutes and I've ended up with so much lip balm, that is chemical free and works amazingly!! I got the jars from the reject shop, bees wax from Hahndorf and Coconut oil from the health food store.


The recipe I used is as follows but you can replace the coconut oil with almond oil.

Lip balm base

1 part grated bees wax
2 parts coconut oil

I put them both into a Pyrex jug into a shallow pot of boiling water (like a double boiler) and stirred till it was melted and combined.

Pour into jars and your done!

You can also add essential oils or if you want a tinted lip balm add a bit of lipstick whilst melting the oil / bees wax. 

(I used 40 grams of bees wax and 80 grams of coconut oil to make all of the above picture).

Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts