Building A Compost Bin

We have been looking at getting a compost bin for over a year now but the $200 price tag put us off! So recently I got an old BIG plant pot and started using that, trouble is it wasn't nearly big enough. So I thought we could try what we had at my primary school (I went to a little country school, gardening was a weekly lesson!).

So hubby got building....we used some left over roofing from our verandah so it cost NOTHING and he had it built in less than 20 minutes!!!

It's simply 3 sides so the front is open, it's so easy to turn and access for use on the garden!

We are new to composting though and I've heard of good / bad compost, if any one has any tips I'd love to here them..simply comment at the bottom.

Thanks!

Our new 'free' compost area!

Look how much our vegetables have grown! 

Comments

Popular Posts