April - The last of the summer harvest!

Yes I know April seems very late to be saying the last of the summer harvest but it was still warm so it was! We had a few tomatoes still hanging around! We had 30 tomato plants this summer and conservatively about 30 kilos of tomatoes! Which were eaten as bruschetta (hubby makes the BEST!), eaten in salads and made into bottles and bottles of sauces! Mmmm

April also saw the last of our apples! Our first decent crop of Pink Lady apples was such a hit with the family, unfortunately there has been a fruit fly outbreak a few blocks away so we were not able to take any of these beautiful apples to family and friends - so I preserved them! ( Mum got me hooked on the Fowlers Preserving method). First time that I've preserved apples. I made a medium syrup and have them all ready for pies and crumbles on cold winter nights! Nothing better than that!












Comments

Popular Posts